Effective Appraisal Skills for Line Managers
- Do you have appraisals coming up?
- Are you unsure how to conduct appraisals to get the best out of them?
- Could you benefit from a skills update and a confidence boost?
If so, you are not alone. Globis helps many managers to develop their skills to ensure that they are able to provide long term and effective leadership. Appraisals have developed from a box ticking exercise to a powerful management tool. Ensure that you are maximising the opportunities that appraisals present to be the most effective leader that you can be.
This one day course will equip participants with the skills and confidence to deliver professional, efficient and effective appraisals. The course will empower attendees to utilise appraisals as an opportunity to develop, motivate and enhance the performance of their staff. Delegates will leave the course feeling confident to give honest feedback and to tackle difficult situations, not to postpone or sugar coat them.
- Understanding the purpose of the appraisal process and the benefits it can bring to managers, staff and the wider organisation.
- Understanding your role and responsibilities as an appraiser.
- Develop and practise effective communication techniques.
- Preparing for an appraisal
- Defining areas for self development and set clear objectives.
- How to tackle performance problems and sensitive issues effectively.
- Making it easy and empowering for the manager and the employee
- Setting and agreeing SMART objectives
Who should attend?
This is course has been designed for managers, supervisors and team leaders seeking to enhance their skill in conducting appraisals. This course will be of benefit to anyone that manages people.
£449.00 + VAT
Advanced booking discount of 15% to £381.65 + VAT
Advanced multiple booking discount of 20% to £359.20 + VAT for three or more delegates
(Advanced discount requires bookings and payment to be received six weeks prior to training)
Interested in an in-house course? Call us for further information.
- 15 November, 2013 – London
- Start time – 9.30 am
- Finish time – 4.30 pm
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0333 200 4701