How to Manage Sickness and Absence
- Are you a manager dealing with excessive sickness absence?
- Are you struggling to manage long term sickness proactively?
- Could your skills and confidence in managing this sensitive topic do with a boost?
- Is the cost of sickness and absence impacting on your P+L?
Dealing with sickness and absence can be difficult for managers, but the costs of ignoring it can be enormous. With sickness and absence increasingly on the agenda, ensure that you are equipped and confident to manage short and long term sickness and absence proactively. A 1% reduction in sickness and absence can add thousands of pounds to the bottom line.
This one day course has been specifically designed to support managers seeking to ensure that they are managing sickness and absence effectively. It will provide delegates with a proactive approach to maximising staff attendance.
- The factors contributing to higher sickness and absence
- The impact of absence on the individual and the organisation
- Measuring and benchmarking sickness and absences rates within the organisation
- Identifying an absence problem
- Developing an absence strategy
- Discrimination issues
- Dealing with short and long term absence
- The responsibilities of managers handling sickness and absence
- Legislation surrounding absence
- Positive working practices to reduce stress and increase well-being, health and attendance in the workplace
- Handling the return to work discussion
Who should attend?
This course has been designed for team leaders, supervisors and managers who are facing issues around managing sickness and absence. This course will be of benefit to anyone responsible for leading others.
£449.00 + VAT
Advanced booking discount of 15% to £381.65 + VAT
Advanced multiple booking discount of 20% to £359.20 + VAT for three or more delegates
(Advanced discount requires bookings and payment to be received six weeks prior to training)
Interested in an in-house course? Call us for further information.
- 11 November, 2013 – Birmingham
- Start time – 9.30 am
- Finish time – 4.30 pm
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0333 200 4701